Some DiS stats and the 10 most read things of 2010.
Just done a stats update for PR world so thought I’d share them here too for anyone who’s curious. And if anyone has access to Hitwise to get an updated version of the above UK music websites chart, that’d be really helpful.
On average, Drowned in Sound is getting just shy of half a million unique visitors per month and just over 2.5million page views per month. We had a total of 8.7mil visits in 2010 from 4.03mil unique users. Last year we had 31.7million pageviews. 61.8% of our visitors were from the UK and 16% were from the USA, 2% from Canada and Australia, closely followed by Ireland, Germany, France, Spain…
The 10 most read things of 2010 were:
2) List: our 2010 albums of the year list
3) Thread: the witch house thread (as featured in Guardian and various blogs)
4) Interview: Trent Reznor: why Facebook sucks
5) 8/10 Review: Arcade Fire Suburbs
6) 9/10 Review: The National High Violet
7) List: Dubstep mixtape
8) Thread: James Blake which started back in July ‘09
9) List: 10 worst album covers of the 00s
10) List: 2009 albums of the year